Things you should always be working on:
1. Skills - try to have at least one skill ready (or almost ready) for testing each week
2. Little Brown Jug & Five Foot Two because we will perform them in future concerts
3. E Huli words and chords!
4. Chords and strumming- you can never practice too much! :)
As a group, we came up with the following rules for practice to make things smoother and waste less time. I hope everyone will remember and abide by these rules!
1. Be respectful -don't talk when a teacher is talking to the class
2. Don't interrupt your teacher - raise your hand if you have a question and please don't call out!
3. Don't play your instrument when a teacher is trying to talk to the class.
We have also introduced the "stirke" system. If someone disrupts the class, they may get a strike and once they reach 3 strikes, unfortunately we will have to ask them to put their instrument away and sit quietly to watch the rest of rehearsal. We found it unfair to have to wait for individuals to refocus and pay attention, for both teachers and students who were focused and ready to learn.
I am positive that the rest of the rehearsals this year will run more smoothly and we'll have more time to learn extra songs for fun!